1. Navigate to the Personnel tab, located at the top of any screen in the system.
2. Click on the "Import Users" box in the top right of the screen. If you do not see this box, you are not a member of a group with permissions to import users. Contact your administrator or Compli Support to have this ability enabled.
3. On the next page you will be prompted to upload the .csv file with all of your user information. You will need to save your normal Microsoft Excel file as a .csv file in order to import. Follow the tips listed on this page for best results.
4. After you have selected the .csv file with the user information you would like to add or update, you will be taken to the Mapping page, where you will map the data on the .csv with the appropriate data points within Compligo (don't worry, that's not as complicated as it sounds!). Follow the specific instructions listed on this page.
5a. If you are adding new users to the system with an import, you will need to make sure all required fields are included in your import. These fields include: Employee Number, Username (this value must be unique to each user), First and Last Names, Employment Classification (Full-Time or Part-Time), Employee Type (User, Candidate, etc), Employee Status (Active or Inactive), Location, Supervisor (this works best if you include the supervisor's employee number in that field), and Employee Hire date. If you attempt to run a Create User import without these required fields, the system will alert you and you will be prompted to include the missing field(s). Note the highlighted red box below for an example of that.
5b. If you are just updating user information via import, and are not creating new users, you only need to include a column that matches an existing data point in Compligo, and then the data you would like to import. You can select which column you want to match with using the drop down towards the top of the mapping list:
If you do not select a field for matching and attempt to run an import without all of the required fields, the system will prompt you to include them.
6. After either mapping all of the required fields, or selecting your matching field and the field(s) you wish to update, click the "Next" button towards the top-right of the page.
7. The next page will give you a summary of your import. How many users will be created, how many will be updated, and any lines in the import that will be skipped. If lines will be skipped, the reason will be explained (example: Location ID does not exist, No Supervisor with that Employee Number, This user already exists and no updates are being made, etc).
After you are comfortable with the users being updated and created, and have resolved any issues for users being skipped, just click "Next" in the top-right of the screen.
8. Congratulations! The import is now running, and users will be created. Do NOT attempt to run any additional imports until you can confirm that all of your employees are updated properly. Simply click the "Finish" button on the bottom of the screen, and you are done!
**To Import user data using the new Personnel File, a user must first be a member of a group with the permission to use this function (typically the Administrators group).**